Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Monday - Day 4


Yesterday I was so tempted to eat non ETL which we call SAD (the standard american diet). I did my exercise in the mall which is walking 2-3 miles. I would like to work up to 4 or 5 miles but I think it will be awhile before I am able to do that.
I walked 2.5 miles that took about an hour to do and while I was walking you have to go by the food court. So many food smells were calling out my name and I had to work hard at not answering them. Before Thanksgiving I wasn't having this much of a struggle so I am guessing that because I went off a little for Thanksgiving, my body is detoxifying to get rid of all those cravings. So I was successful at avoiding the temptation but boy let me tell you it was a struggle. I think also because the food challenge in going on at the forums, there is more pressure to not go off plan.
I finished my walk, went to the store and bought some bananas for freezing and a pineapple for my morning smoothies. They were a little ripe, but that is perfect for smoothies because the sugar content in them is increased which sweetens the kale and spinach.
So the good news is that I finished with a Kale Day and my Tab still = $0.00. So far so good. I have two luncheons though coming up and I just know that I will be eating nonE2L food. I need to make sure the other days are Kale and make sure I get my walking in.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Lana- Great Blog! First time checking it out.
You are doing so great! I'm so proud of you for not giving into the food court, it can be so hard especially this time of year. If your like me sometimes I think... everyone else can, why can't I? and we know why!!!
Isn't the challenge great? It's REALLY making me think before I eat, which I always thought I did but now I see I was defiantly giving in a little more than I would like to admit! Onward with the challenge...
By the way, your kicking my butt!! LOL
Sarah

Lana said...

Hi Sarah my challenge buddy. ;-)

Thanks for the encouraging words. That food court can be very tempting especially if its mealtime.

Yes I love the challenge, it is quite helpful. Everyone is doing so well. When I am tempted I think of all of you and that helps me to resist. ;-)
......the challenge continues :-) ...at least I don't kick hard. LOL