Friday, February 2, 2007

Purplish Stir Fry?

Doesn't this look like a wonderful peaceful spot to go and enjoy God's creation and the quietness of the day.
And also watch the hummingbirds come to get their fill and go humming around, just to find their way back to this spot and enjoy the sweet necter you have prepared for them.
When I saw this picture at a garden website, I just had to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it. I love winter but their comes a time when I am ready for the spring and summer months so I can get my hands dirty. :-)
I wish I had a picture to show you but I tried a stir fry recipe on my own and it came out a light purplish color. I made it a couple of night ago. I'll see if I can remember what all I put in the stir fry. I was trying to use up some veggies before they spoiled. So if amounts seem odd that is why! ;-)

Sweet Sour Stir Fry
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
2 ribs celery chopped
1/2 green bell pepper
1/3 of a red bell pepper
3 small carrots sliced
1/4 head of red cabbage
6 oz of mushrooms
1/3 head of cauliflower
1 bag of frozen broccoli
1 bag of frozen brussel sprouts
unsweetened canned pineapple chunks water reserved

Sauce
3/4 cup water
2 TB VegiZest
1-1/2 TB cornstarch
3 TB Tahini
7 TB of black raspberry fruit spread no sugar added
1 TB Braggs Liquid Aminos
Stir to combine.

I sauteed the onion and garlic in water for about 5 min. I added the bell pepper, celery and carrot and cabbage and added the pineapple juice to cook in for about 3 minutes and then added the mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli and brussel sprouts. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add pineapple and cook for another minute or so to heat up the pineapple. Add sauce and bring up to heat so that sauce thickens. It looks funky but I enjoyed the taste. If I get a chance I'll post the picture next time. I do think I would use green cabbage next time and use red raspberry fruit spread. I ate this on a bed or romaine lettuce.

I am still doing well with E2L. I still have cravings every once in awhile but they usually subside or I might give in and that is all it takes and I'm back to eating E2L.

I am still going fine not eating the cashew butter but last night I did have a tablespoon of peanut butter. But that isn't as bad as the amount of cashew butter I would eat. I won't tell you how much I ate one night .....its too embarrasing! ;-)

Last night I was wasted and felt a little sick. The last two mornings I got up early and went walking with a friend. I don't sleep well allot of nights (although it has improved some) but I am hoping that if I keep up with the walking in the morning instead of the afternoon, maybe it will change my internal schedule around so that I can sleep better at night. That is what I am hoping for anyway. I just hope I'm not taxing my body too badly. I walked at 9:30 one day and that night I didn't sleep well at all and the following morning I got up at 6:30 and walked at 8:00 and felt horrible in the afternoon. But as I type this I remember that I didn't have time to eat breakfast so that could be part of the problem.

I would also like to begin using the resistance bands again. The last time I did it I went all out and should have only done a few and I was extremely sore and in pain for a few days so I didn't go back to doing the exercises again. So I think Monday I'll begin again and see how I do.

If I can get logged into blogger, I'd like to blog daily but I still am having a hard time getting in. I tried last night and it took two hours to get logged on. I don't know if its on my end or theirs. So I kept myself logged in and because it was too late to blog I decided to blog this morning and I am going to try staying logged in and see if that works.

I'm trying out a dessert type thing and if it turns out well and tastes good I'll post that too. Well everybody, "eat to live"! ;-)