Friday, February 23, 2007

A recipe for dessert

Everyone wants a dessert recipe right? I know I do. I guess I'll always have a sweet tooth. :-) This one is for some banana oat bars that are so easy to make and will last a few days. I have put these in the freezer too so that I'll have some for when that sweet tooth hits. I wish I had a picture for these. Maybe next time I make them I'll add a picture. Here is the recipe.

Yummy, Quick & Easy Banana/Oat Bars

2 cups quick oats (not instant)
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut (no sugar added)
1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I use 1/2 cup)
1 TBL date sugar, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Press dough in a 9"x9" baking pan. (I use a 9x13 baking pan). Bake for 30 minutes. (I bake for 25 minutes). Cool on wire rack. (I cool them in pan) Slice into squares or bars and serve. ENJOY!!

I have varied this recipe using cranberries. I dried a whole package in the oven and froze them for later use. I thawed them and added them in with all the other ingredients. They were delicious. I think I changed the walnuts to almonds or pecans. You can experiment with all kinds of fruits or nuts.

No comments: