Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Catching up on Challenge Reports

This picture to the left is pineapple sage. I just love the red blooms.

I love to garden when I am feeling well. I just may add this to my herb section.

I only have at the moment some chives and also I think I have sage. I also had some basil this year but it didn't do as well as other years. I also had planted some lavender, which I absolutely love for the fragrance but for some reason it died. It could be because we got a new puppy this year and he loved getting into my garden. We finally had to put an electric fence around it so he wouldn't ruin my bell peppers and tomatoes.

Challenge Day 6

Another kale day for me.

  1. B - Oatmeal with blueberries and flax
  2. L - Vegetable soup
  3. D - Vegetable soup
  4. Ds - Pineapple banana sorbet with pecans on top.
  5. Tab = $0.00

    Challenge Day 7

    I had a Kale day again! I bought 4 clementines. Didn't see any mandarin oranges. The clementine was good but it had a couple of seeds which is okay but I prefer seedless. I think I like navel oranges better but I did like the clementine and glad I got them. So thanks to those who recommended them.

Here is my day.

  1. B- Blended Salad Smoothie

  2. No Lunch, got up late again.

  3. D- 1 clementine, 2 bananas and Asian Vegetable Stir Fry on a bed of romaine lettuce. I want to put in a plug for this recipe. This is the best stir fry. It is a little more work but well worth it. This is my favorite dish so far.

  4. Tab = $0.00

    Challenge Day 8

Another Kale Day!

  1. B- Fruit.

  2. L- Vegetable bean soup and fruit.

  3. D- Asian Vegetable Stir Fry on a bed of romaine. Now it's gone, darn!

  4. DS- Pineapple banana smoothie with walnuts.

  5. Tab = $0.00

    Challenge Day 9
    Yesterday was a blueberry day. Had a non-etl meal. Blueberry day - $4.00 - 1 hour exercise - $2.00Tab = $2.00

    Challenge Day 10

    Saturday I had a Kale day with no exercise so my Tab is still $2.00.

    Challenge Day 11

    Yesterday was awful. When I'm sick, it is dangerous to not have frozen meals already prepared and I ran out this week. So I had a blueberry day again because of a non-E2L supper. I hope I can prepare some meals and get them in the freezer today or tomorrow. So $4.00 plus $2.00 gives me a tab of $6.00.


Challenge Day 1

  1. Breakfast was at noon and had some fruit.

  2. No Lunch.

  3. Supper was Vegetarian Chile from the recipe section on a bed of romaine, topped with tomato and avocado.

  4. Dessert was a banana oat bar from the recipe section.No exercise today. Kale day.

  5. Tab - $6.00.

    Challenge Day 13

Bree and I had a similar experience today as far as temptations go. I left the house to go shopping and I usually take my salad dressing with me. I know that I can always go anywhere and get a salad. Well I forgot the dressing.
So I am in the mall doing my walk and it was time for lunch. What a big mistake. Each time around as I get close to the food court, I am trying to decide which is the best/worst food for me to eat. Gosh what a battle of the mind. I kept going back and forth trying to make a decision.
Problem is I just don't like salad without dressing and I didn't want what they have to offer. Then I could choose a chinese stir fry but probably loaded with oil and sodium. I thought of some other things I could eat too but it ended up being which is the best of the SAD to eat and I just didn't want to eat SAD. I was thinking of all of you hard working challengers. So guess what I did. After I finished my mall walk, I went to the grocery store. I had to find something I could eat with my fingers because I had too much running around to do. So I got a banana, some cashews, and frozen petite peas. I ate the banana and 1 oz of nuts and probably about 1/2 cup of peas. I was so happy that I didn't give into tempation. I was sooo close.

So here is my day.

  1. Breakfast - Blended Salad smoothie.

  2. Lunch - 1 banana, 1 oz cashews, 1/2 cup petite peas.

  3. Supper - Vegetarian Chile on a bed of lettuce, topped with tomato and avocado.

  4. Dessert - 1 banana oat bar.

  5. Kale Day.

  6. Exercised 1.5 hours - benefit $3.00

  7. Two consecutive kale days - benefit $0.50

  8. Kale day plus exercise - benefit $0.50

  9. Total = $4.00

  10. Tab ~ $6.00 - $4.00 = $2.00

No comments: