Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Blueberry Day - Day 15 of the Holiday Challenge

Day 14 was much better, it was a Kale day!
  1. Breakfast was a blended salad smoothie.
  2. Lunch I made the Golden Austrian Califlower Soup. (UMMMMMMMMMM) Also ate a clementine.
  3. Supper was Vindaloo vegetables on green leaf lettuce with added steamed asparagus.
  4. Dessert was banana oat bar and a banana.
  5. Exercised 1 hour. My hip is me. Not sure how much longer I can walk. May need to take a break. DH is telling me not to quit but the pain is awful.
  6. Verdict Kale - Tab = $0.00

    Today wasn't such a great day. It ended up being a blueberry day for me. I am so bummed with myself. I was doing so well this morning deciding that I was going to have another Kale Day. I started out great for breakfast. I had my normal blended salad smoothie.

    For lunch I had a bowl of Golden Austrian Califlower Soup that is absolutely delicious. I made it yesterday for the first time and it is just as good the second time around. It makes 4 servings so I'll be eating it for the next 2 days. I didn't want to freeze this one until I hear from another E2L buddy that it freezes well. When I make a vegetable dish I usually freeze half of it and eat on the rest for a couple days. I also ate a banana after lunch and was quite content.

    DH came home from work and we decided to go get something to eat from town for supper. Big mistake for me. I wasn't feeling well. I have been walking each day for about 1 hour for the past 3-4 weeks. These past two days though the pain from the arthritis has gotten worse in the hip. And also I have tendonitis around the same area. I was not going to walk today but decided to not give in to the pain and walk anyway.

    By the time I got home I was ready to collapse into the bed to get off my feet. Well I changed into my grungies and sat instead on the leather couch and checked my email on the laptop. A few minutes later is when DH came home and I didn't want to lift a finger to prepare or cook anything so we went to go and grab something. I could have chosen more wisely but didn't and so it costs me $4.00 for today.

Most everyone is struggling with the challenge. This is a month for so many temptations and busyness to drag us away from eating healthy. Being tired, stressed, in poor health are already trying but added to that for most is holiday shopping, parties, crying kids, what to buy for whom and etc. I am enjoying this challenge though and for the most part it is helping me to stay the course. Well I need to continue with my E2L story so I will post this and hopefully post a little more of my journey if I don't get too tired. So please stay tuned and "Eat To Live"!

1 comment:

Barbee' said...

Lana, just want to let you know I am still visiting your blog. I am still so impressed with what you have done with both the blog and your "new life". I am one of your admirers!