Friday, January 12, 2007

A New Year

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. Sorry I haven’t posted recently. I haven’t been feeling too well. I have been in allot of pain lately. I also had some computer problems. that hopefully are resolved.. I want to try to post daily.

The December challenge went really well. Overall I did do pretty well with eating nutritionally. What I learned by joining in the challenge was that first of all, it was fun.
*smile* I also learned that I have allot of cravings that I can either indulge or refuse to pay attention to. I have had success in doing both. Ha!

I am the type of person that it’s either all or nothing. Either I’m going all the way with E2L or I’m not. Well I have had to adjust my personality a little. When I first began E2L it was all or nothing and I did so well. I indulged once in awhile but for the most part it was Kale days all the way. And then Thanksgiving came and we visited my daughter and family for 4 days. So we were away from our home and my vitamix. Yikes!

I did do really well but I did have some pumpkin pie and for one meal I ate some of the Thanksgiving leftovers. Doing this challenged my all or nothing ideal. Then December comes and there are more food temptations to deal with. So I guess what I learned is that its okay to have cravings and its okay to give into them every once in awhile and not to feel bad about it. I also learned that next year I’ll be better prepared.

We have a New Year’s challenge going on and I was going to keep up with it, but I haven’t been checking in because of the pain. Actually I have been challenged to throw in the towel! If I am in pain whether doing E2L or eating SAD why bother to struggle with preparing two meals, one for my husband and one for myself. And when I’m not doing well why not give in and let someone else prepare the meal. There are lots of restaurants to choose from. Hehehe!

You know, I can never go back. I know I am so much better off nutritionally and that this way of eating is really better for my health, even if I don’t feel the benefits of it at the moment. E2L will always be my way of eating. At times if I eat something else, that will be okay but it will only be those once in awhile occasions.

My goal at the moment is still to do a fast. I’m just waiting to see the doctor and see what she says about the liver enzyme elevation and then I’ll check with Dr. Fuhrman to see if he thinks I’m ready for the fast. This has been my goal the whole time and will always be my goal. I’m learning patience and perseverance each time it has been delayed because of my blood work. I have refocused and decided that it is more important to fill my body with all this wonderful, nutritious food. This is my medicine. And hopefully sometime in the future I’ll be able to do the fasting.

Well I guess that is it for now. I’ll try to post again tomorrow. Eat To Live everyone!!!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Lana,
Stick with it!! It WILL get better. You are doing the right thing with E2L and your body will respond. I will pray for you health and for your pain to ease. Hold tight to that towel!! :-)

Lana said...

Sarah thanks for your encouragement to keep on going and thanks so much for the much needed prayers! I have the towel superglued to my hand. *smile* Actually my mind won't allow me to let it go. With all the information about healthy eating it would be impossible to go back to SAD eating. ;-)