Friday, February 23, 2007

Awaiting The Results



Yesterday I had my ultrasound done. I thought they were going to look at just the liver but they looked at the spleen, the kidneys, the bile duct, the aorta, a tendon and whatever else was in there.


It was really quite a site and I enjoyed watching those organs as she described them to me. I asked at one point what she was looking at and she opened up and told me everything she was doing. It was fun! I don't have a gall bladder anymore but she showed me where it would be if I still had one.


So now it is a period of waiting. She said that the doctor should have the results today and to give him until Monday to read the results before I call him. The blood results should be in today too so he'll be getting them both today.


Hopefully they will find out what is causing the liver enzymes to rise and, of course, I am hoping that it isn't anything serious. Eating healthy is always the answer for everything and I just bought a new juicer from Amazon. There is the picture of it above. It cost's $99.00 with free shipping. I haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know how I like it as soon as I do. I'm looking forward to more concentrated nutrition.
But, if you are healthy, blended salads are the better way to go because you get all the nutrition along with the fiber and juicing looses some of the nutritional value of whatever you are juicing so if you are doing blended salads, good for you! I am going to continue with my blended salads and add juicing along with that so that I am getting the best from both sources.
I reacted after hearing my liver enzymes were up again and so I ate some SAD food. I guess at times it can be a comfort to me still. But I want to get to the point where my comfort foods are healthy choices without fat/salt. I don't want to turn to my old way of eating because it is really so unhealthy.
In the doctors office these past two times my blood pressure is still around 110/70. This alone makes me so happy. My sister is a registered nurse and I remember when I was trying to lower my bp through exercise and trying to eat more healthy but still eating the american standard diet, she told me at that time that I would not be able to lower my bp that way. And she was probably correct because even eating the heathy american standard diet, it still has so much fat, salt and protein and processing, etc. But when I found E2L, it came down in no time. I didn't have it checked for 3 months so I'm not sure if it had already come down before that or not but it was 112/70 the first time I did have it checked at the doctor's office which was 3 months later.
I haven't tried any new recipes lately. I have had quite a bit in the freezer so I've been eating so much from the frozen food section. LOL I want to try some new recipes though because that is what makes eating E2L sucessful. Finding some favorites. And this was such a difficult task at first but I now have a handful of recipes that I can say I really enjoy and believe it or not, my purplish stir fry that I came up with is one of them. :-)
Well I guess that's it for now. I am really sorry for those who keep up with my blog. I am still having trouble signing in so I can't blog as often as I would like to.
Eat healthy guys, "Eat To Live"!

1 comment:

Barbee' said...

Lana, so good to "hear" your cheerful self coming through your writing. I just popped back in to check on you. Now, I want to go read some recipes. Keep up the good work, we are rooting for you!